Saturday, November 29, 2008

Good evening


A job from my chair - oh yes, I'm supposed to be raising money for Rose City Kids. We had an amazing time today at Rose City Kids with 43 kids in attendance! Lots of exciting things happening. Todd Bender from Hamilton City Kidz says that the easiest way to fund raise is to just ask. Since I'm slacking lately - I thought I'd put out a plea to raise some money by Christmas for meeting our budget and goals.

If you would like, we could really use your support with volunteering, prayers and donations. If you would like a receipt send a cheque to Bethany CRC with a notation on it that it is for Rose City Kids (1040 Balfour Street, Fenwick, ON L0S 1C0) as we do not have our charitable status yet. If you don't require a receipt - you can check out our website at http://www.rosecitykids.com/ and make a donation by paypal.

My health update so far looks like I go to Princess Margaret Hospital on Tuesday for an MRI and likely the assessment of the tumors and who knows what else. Living a day at a time - that's for sure. Went out last night for an uncle's birthdays - nice to see everyone. Looking forward to Baby Bo being baptized tomorrow. My kids and and grandkids are the greatest!

Love you all for your prayers and support for me and my family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

John & Jocelyn: Not an hour goes by in a day that you are not in our prayers and in our minds. May you feel God's love and presence tonight and tomorrow when you are in Toronto with doctors that God has put in your path to help you. We love you both. Pete and Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with especially today.
Diana & Epp