Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oct. 2nd - #9th( last) - FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT - SELF CONTROL

Self control is not fragile like a strawberry plants; it’s big and solid like an apple tree. Only God can plant something of that magnitude in you and make it bear fruit. Make every effort to add to your faith, goodness and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control and to self-control, perseverance, and to perseverance, godliness (2 Peter 1:5-6)

Stormie Omaritan devotion says: “If you’ve not been bearing the fruit of the Spirit in your life the way you’d like, ask God to help you plant good seeds and pull up any weeds that may have grown up around your soul. Feed the soil of your heart with the food of God’s word and ask the Holy Spirit to water it afresh every day.”

GOOD WORDS WE NEED TO HEAR!

*************************************************************
DONE IN WITH A PEPPERMINT….My “Dr. Sister-in-law” is laughing at me (she too had a good surgery report!) – I managed to have no pain in surgery, no pain in radiation, able to walk etc. quickly but in her words: “one little pesky peppermint is bringing me down.” After biting into one – it made me break the filling on a molar and is causing my tongue pain! Maybe things will be quieter - Not for long though – this morning I have dentist appointment at 8:00 and day 7 radiation at 10:00! Thanks Mary you’re the best for taking me – I know you love the early hours of the morning – Sorry for the change to 7:30 a.m. dentist!!! Thanks coffee break friends for last night! Thanks all blog comment people for your encouragement to our family and special cancer fighting people in our church walking alongside.

We love you all for it.
John & Jocelyn

No comments: