Friday, October 10, 2008

THANKFULNESS! MY CUP HAS OVERFLOWED! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

I’ve never made a fortune and it’s probably too late now;
But I don’t worry about that much, I’m happy anyhow.
And as I go along life’s way, I’m reaping better than I sow;
I’m drinking from my saucer, ‘cause my cup has overflowed.
Haven’t got all the riches, And sometimes the going’s tough,
But I’ve got loving ones around me, And that makes me rich enough.
I thank God for his blessings, And the mercies he’s bestowed;
I’m drinking from my saucer, ‘cause my cup has overflowed.
O, remember times when things went wrong;
And my faith sometimes grew thin;
But all at once the dark clouds broke.
And sun peeped through again.So Lord, help me not to gripe.
About the tough rows that I’ve hoed;
I’m drinking from my saucer - ‘cause my cup has overflowed.
If God gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough,
I’ll not ask for other blessings, I’m already blessed enough.
And may I never be too busy. To help others bear their loads;
Then I’ll keep drinking from my saucer
‘CAUSE MY CUP HAS OVERFLOWED.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

posted at 12:20??? when do you sleep!!!! You sure look good with that wig!!! But this John's day, Happy birthday John, 56, God is good indeed, many years of blessings, we pray for a wonderful day with your family, and may God give you many more happy years!!!
Jocelyn still using the cane for pictures????, love ye, P&S

Anonymous said...

Hey John, Happy Birthday and many more happy and healthy years with your wife,children and grandchildren and of course all your friends. The Lord has been faithful. May you continue to be strong and encouraging for your wife and family. Remember He is always there for you. God bless yoou Jign, Have a blessed birthday,Love Brenda and Martin