Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8th – One month from diagnosis to radiation finish…. Yeah!!!



I promised a wig picture up! So here it is!! THANKS TO TRANSITIONS STUDIO'S IN ST. CATHARINES, ONTARIO FOR A GREAT WIG.
**********************************************

Philippians (my most favorite BOOK in the Bible)

**********************************************

Every day we have a choice. Will we be positive or negative? Optimistic or pessimistic? Will we choose to focus on God’s blessings and the wonderful possibilities of a life lived for His glory? Or will we focus on life’s troubles and resign ourselves to an existence that is far less than what God has for us?
(taken from N.I.V. version of Stormie Omaritan Bible – given to me as a gift last Christmas from Chris & Tiff - what a great gift it’s been!)

Philippians 1:3-6 “Pray often for your family and friends, and tell them that you thank God for them every time you remember them in your prayers.

Philippians 3:7-12 “pray for an overwhelming hunger and thirst to know Christ and that He would become the greatest passion of your life.”

Philippians 4:6 “Take to heart Paul’s suggestion to not worry about anything but In everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God.”

My hubby isn’t a morning person and when I woke him at 5:00 a.m. by going in the bedroom to get my stuuf - a little early (well he has small groups this morning at 6:00 anyways!) He rolled over mumbling – so I had to get creative. So how to get some pictures, take them by myself, of myself? Out come the books off my shelf ….. grabbed the cane I used the first day home …. Extended it so I could push the camera buttom so you don’t see every wrinkle. I thought I was pretty smart I faced the camera to the mirror so that I could see if I was in the picture. /the new wig picture shows how I did it. The props to set up the camera! When he did wake up I asked him for one picture – he still not awake but did it. 6:00 a.m. - he's off to small group! I think he will smile when he see’s this blog though. Maybe I will get my morning kiss after he reads this!!
(ha, ha)

Now every husband who has ever put Staples or Ikea furniture together is going to appreciate what John did for me last night. After my last radiation yesterday – YEAH! Count it all joy – great radiation people, great medical attention!

Let's stop at Staples on the way home. My new assistant has me on a roll now. Simple, clean furniture, I knew what I wanted – poor John we finally decided. We get home and of course we need to get started putting it together. Check the picture on the sidebar to see what it looked like when we went to bed at 10:30 p.m.– EVERY HUSBAND OUT THERE IS GOING TO FEEL SORRY FOR JOHN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jocelyn, are you ever talented hey? Determined to get that picture even on your own. The wig looks wonderful. It is very close to your own hair from before. Very fashionable. We are happy for you that this radiation period is over. May you continue to feel as well as you do and energetic(even if John has a hard time with it at times)ha ha, you are doing great!!Please keep us posted on things okay? The new grandson hasn't arrived yet? Have a great day!! Love Brenda

Anonymous said...

hey friend!!!Glad radiation is over and I think your wig looks awesome, what's with this cane hitting the camera, you should have 10 seconds to set and run to get on the picture!!! read the instruction book, however, I laughed as only you would think of the cane, mirror and all extra's needed to come up with the photo, and that at 2.30 am. But I knew your mind is working over time!! I can also see John with hammer and instruction book intow, a few choice words, ready, set...... to put the furniture together in a hurry, well we all know.....no such luck ever, oh John, you and Jocelyn make a wonderful couple, never change!!! And the work you, and the group that run Rose City Kids do a wonderful job, and yes let us be much in prayer for our families and the many we meet along the way, with love P&S

P.S. where is this grandbaby???????

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Jocelyn;
Only you could McGuiver a way to get a picture single handedly ! We give thanks with you for the end of radiation - and we hold you and John close in thought and prayer. What a journey !