Monday, October 13, 2008

OCT. 13TH - A GREAT STORY OF NEW GRANDSON - BO DANIEL, JOHN'S BIRTHDAY, AND MARY B. BIRTHDAY

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG STORY - BUT IT IS A GOD STORY!! (PICTURES YESTERDAY)

I've been sharing on the blog about bible story of Daniel. I have a written copy of my nephew’s sermon when he passed away August 1998 – 10 years ago. Jeremy's pastor wrote: - Jeremy was a fun loving kid - the pastor's message was entitled - FAITH THE HEART'S ASBESTOS. He relates the story about Jeremy loving the story of Daniel and his 3 friends being thrown in the fire and it was a miracle - they never got burned.
The night before surgery - I had Brad and Darryl type a message on the blog - since at that point I couldn't type any more, my left foot dragged, I had to hold up my arm. I knew going through surgery I was in God’s hands – I was at peace either way. I was in the fire - I didn't get burned - God gave me a wonderful peace!

It seemed to happen automatically that three close friends surrounded us - I call them our Daniel friends. See Below. Many others are in the fire with us too, example Ed (and Ann) Roorda who has been John’s Promise Keeper Friend, our friends for over 28 years.
Friends Cliff & Alice from Hamilton who have been friends for 35 years and also came to visit and support us.
3 Daniel friends
Mary B: who has been my friend for over 25 years, we’ve cried, prayed and she encouraged me, she took me shopping for new clothes, came with to buy the wig, drove me to radiation. Hilbert is in our prayer group and also in John’s small group – he’s praying from other country right now and is faithful never missing a day in prayer. .

Pete & Lorraine: John's small group friend is Pete Wierenga, his wife is my dear friend Lorraine who dared to stand in front of church, almost crying, she gave me the verse Psalm 62::6 for me - she told the church and then they sang '"Faithful One" by Brian Doerkson.

John & Sonya: who prodded us (along with Brad) about going to Honduras on a mission trip - Sonya and I wanted to work on something together since 5 years ago - well here comes Rose City Kids - and are we passionate about it. Both our John husbands are excited about this ministry. Both love kids, started as snowmobile friends .. now look what’s happening!

These 3 are in the "FIRE" with John and I as we fast tracked 4 days, ct scan (Pete was there to receive the news of cancer in Welland Hospital that Sunday morning) , MRI, doctors appt., surgery! Wow! Thank you God for answers to prayers! Pete was John's calming person while we got the news of cancer.

October 11th. Mackenzie's birthday. First our family went to visit Mackenzie’s for her birthday - had a great time - Tiff's parents were there. Darryl/Brad came. Meanwhile Tiff is going in the hospital at :00 a.m. to be induced. The plan was John has his cell on, Darryl has his cell on. We have a wedding to go to - went to church - awesome wedding - very fun (Sonya's daughter Emily and her new Australian man!). You can just see the joy on her face – she’s just hamming it up the whole service. I wanted to cry during the ceremony.
One busy lady Sonya has been this week. At one point I told her I wasn’t going to be her friend any more. I can’t keep up with you I said. Her SON-IN-LAW's family is small but they came from Australia for the wedding, Sonya found housing, entertainment etc. etc. Thanks George K and Riet S. for being an example for us and attending the wedding!
Back to the baby. So between services, everyone is taking a nap, I finally go to lay down, John's cell is in our room - he's sleeping in the TV room. Darryl is taking a bath, no phone with him. Now if I was a lawyer – I rest my case – God doesn’t think I need to sleep! We would have missed the call – I got to take it. I had just lay down on the bed to fall asleep - I hear John's cell beeping.- I can't get it out of the case fast enough to answer. Suddening I hear my cell in the kitchen ringing - I jump up - knowing it's Chris. Everyone else is napping.

Well "Bo Daniel" is the name - born, 9 lbs 14 oz’s. Not sure about the color hair yet – maybe blonde, maybe red….? . I asked Chris - when did you decide on the name - he says 1/2 hour before we had him - suddenly Tiff and I were walking down the hall - his middle name is going to be Daniel they said. Not sure if they remembered my Daniel stories – but God was working. IT WAS THEIR SIDE OF THE MIRACLE. Isn't that amazing! I go yelling in the house "BABY IS BORN"

For life he has a story to his name.

WHAT A THANKSGIVING – Yesterday grand daughter Mackenzie turned 7 years old, MARY B. MMM HOW OLD?? SECRET'S SAFE– How awesome is that! On John's birthday we get to have the grandkids over for a sleepover!


Sunday, July 27th – I found John’s sermon notes from this summer - on LORD CHANGE ME – RUNNING ON EMPTY. PSALM 63
Seek spiritual nourishment
Engage your spiritual gifts in service
Do not trust in your own strength
Revive body & soul
My verse from friend Lorraine is Psalm 62:6 and song by Brian Doerkson called “FAITHFUL ONE”.

He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN. Psalm 62:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn & John,

We want to congratulate you on your new grandson! God is good! We have been keeping up to date with you through Ron and also on your blog. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day - we all have so much to be thankful for! We will continue to keep you lifted up in prayer.

Craig and Marcella Van Stryland