Friday, September 26, 2008

Fruits of the Spirit
Plant seeds of patience. “God’s timing is not our timing. He is always doing more than we see or know, so we have to trust Him on how long He takes to bring things to pass.”

Can I tell a little story? Thursday - My radiation doctor called in the morning and asked my permission for him to talk to my sister-in-law, Dr. Kathy Faber-Langendoen – I thanked them for allowing and appreciated this wonderful/kind doctor. We went to radiation yesterday. We walk in the door of the cancer centre and we just literally bump into the radiation doctor. I usually go directly to radiation and don’t see him. (We were a ½ hour early – God’s timing to meet.) He recognizes us – and John jokingly says, can I ask you a question, “Is my wife supposed to glow in the dark with radiation?” We had a chuckle. (I don’t seem to need more than 5 hours of sleep – ). Then I ask if he got in touch with our sister-in-law. He pulled us aside and says that they talked and concluded together that for me maybe the very best would be to spread treatments over 10 times – pretty much same dosage, but I would need to come 10 days instead of 5. So would I mind going home today – and they will recalibrate my dosage starting Friday. I loved the timing of the 5 days – quick, done, good, move on, but PATIENCE… We thank him – and say we’ll do the best that you think – let’s do it. John and I look at each other and we know we thank God for those taking care of me medically.

Sunday morning we wanted to give a message of thanks to our church for all the prayers, deeds and kind thoughts from so many. Also the message that Cancer is just one pain – there is so much going on with others as well - trials in our lives and we have the comfort to rely on God to walk with us and carry us through challenging times no matter what they are. We hoped the praise team leaders could say it and ask everyone to close their eyes and listen to the words of this song we picked – “What a good God You’ve been”. John went and asked Sunday morning and came back and said they wanted us to do it. I panicked ( – not me – I can’t do that, don’t want to go up – first Sunday back etc.!!) John said he would read it and I could just come up with him (he choked up a little which was fine).
Our Pastor is doing a 9 week series on God’s model for marriages – so it was a good day!

(Pastor EJ & Sharen are teaching a study on Marriage boosters – something we all need, we are thankful for them at Bethany CRC).



Elise and Katie do teaching video’s for Rose City – Kids and they capture the kids attention amazingly. This is one of there videos.

Below are the lyrics to the song we listened to on sunday. I will add the music soon so you can hear it.

No comments: