Tuesday, September 30, 2008

#8 Fruit of the Spirit – Gentleness (seems appropriate for today)

Stormie Omaritan says – Plant seeds of gentleness.
Being considerate of the feelings and needs of others by exhibiting gentleness shows that your are responding to the Spirit of God. Pray that you will be gentle and meek today!


A little memory that tugged me this morning by one of the blogger comments to share.
Two days out of surgery, lying in bed and not being able to move much yet. Brad was printing blog comments out to me. And I was especially blessed by this one. Margaret faced cancer years ago too and she had this verse from Isaiah 43 that helped her through it “when you walk through the fire you will not be burned”. Thanks Bert & Margaret you shared and helped without even knowing. This will touch other lives as well!!

This is how it blessed me - I felt like I was in that fire at first when we heard the news that Sunday, but going into surgery and recovery John and I were so calm – it was amazing – I was awake nights but I wasn’t getting burned! I just peacefully rested in knowing that God has a plan for my life! But it was a reminder of my 7 year old nephews funeral service which was about Asbestos to Heart – and that we would not be burned through this fire of losing a child either. The pastor of that church was inspired by Jeremy because he loved the Bible story of Daniel in the lion’s den and tell me how could kids not love that story! Daniel standing in the blazing fire and not getting burned.

But what a wonderful testimony it is in our lives for years to come as that memory came to mind! None of us will be burned in the fires of life (some very tough ones) when we trust in God to guide us.

Day 5 treatment of radiation – no pain. Thank you God for today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woow Jocelyn, God is so good indeed, but you are an inspiration to so many with your thoughts and words of comfort and your desire to help others, so many are going through difficult times. May we all continue to be much in prayer for each other and help those that are stuggling, love P&S

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us Jocelyn. I thank God for his faithfullness in your life and continue to pray for complete healing.
Harmene