Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm HOME!!!!!

I'm home today!!!! Okay enough about me! Thank you everyone for your kind attention and prayers!! God is GOOD!! Psalm 62:5-8 (Thanks friend Lorraine for reminding me of that verse since last Sunday). Now that I have this platform of attention, let's watch what God can do! Can I tell you about Rose City Kids in Welland? It is a program for kids ages 5-11 to give them hope! We've just entered into a partnership agreement with Hamilton City Kidz and are working on incorportation and charitable status for Rose City (Welland). We started in March 2008 and had 40plus children until June. We are starting up again Saturday, September 20th, we've been praying for 100 kids this fall. We have dreams of purchasing a theatre in Welland (Hamilton meets in a theatre) and as Todd Bender has prayed with us (its all in God's time). So far we meet at the market square in Welland every other Saturday. Sonya, John, Jeff, Lynette, Elise Wierenga, and Hielke Janssens could use support with volunteers, prayer support and funds. Contact rosecity-kids@hotmail.com or jocelyn@willowbrooknurseries.com or sonyawierenga@hotmail.com.
I am happy to be home but I do have to take it easy for the next week or so. We will keep you updated with further information as it becomes available. Once again thank you, friends and family, for all your support and prayers.
Love from Jocelyn

8 comments:

Unknown said...

There's no better place to be is there???
I was gone for the weekend with Sara and the last blog I read was that you had succesfully come out of surgery... It was wonderful to see your pictures and hear that you are already feeling better. We will pray for what lies ahead and that you continue to get the rest and attention you need and deserve!!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn, glad to see that you are home, GOD IS GOOD. May He continue to heal and strengthen your body, so that you can become more mobile, but as you do, continue to rest, I know you will. God to give you strength, as you do more test, and await results, we are all praing for you and your family on this juorney. Anything you need, meal, ect. contact us, you know our number. Love Ed and Ans xo

Anonymous said...

Oh Jocelyn,
You waste no time!! So glad to see you excited and full of energy again!! We will keep praying things continue to be good!Take it easy! Enjoy the quietness at home with your hubby! It's quite amazing that you can be home already! Wow! Sonya

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We praise God with you for his care each step of the way (Yes, that was a pun).

I like the picture of your strong men helping you to walk. It was like watching a parent hold out their hands to help you take your first steps...only this time it is God and his hands are your husband and son.

You will continue to be in our prayers.

Shalom!
Bob

Anonymous said...

Wow Jocelyn, i told you, you are a lady of great strength. This is truly amazing. I am happy to see that you came home already. It is always nicer to be in the comfort of your own home and bed. God has heard and answered prayers. May you receive more strength with each new day. If you need anything at all please call, and don't rush into things yourself hey? Love Brenda

Cyn said...

Wow, Jocelyn - you humble me.

Here I've been thinking that I'd like to be more involved in the needs of my community but that I was "too busy". Then get online to catch up on your progress and you're already back into turning attention to a children's ministry. Gulp!

So I just want you to know that because of you (and I thank God that when we are weak He is most definistely strong!) I'm off my rear and finding out what I can do for the women's shelter and food bank tomorrow.

God is Good ALL the time - and I'm so happy that you're home, get to sleep in your own bed, and get to kick this butt into gear some 2000+ miles away.

Love and blessings,
Cyn

Anonymous said...

Great is His faithfulness!!! We are so thankful with you that you were able to return home.We prayed that God would watch over you,give the doctors what they were in need of,and give you healing, we pray now for restored health and that you soon we be able to do His work in His kingdom.May He also give you the patience that you need to be able to take the time you need to restore your body.May you always feel His nearness.We give Him praise and thanksgiving for you.Bert and Margaret

Anonymous said...

Home sweet home thats for sure. So exciting to hear that you are home already. The children's ministry is amazing and I am so happy to hear of your partnership with City Kidz - it is a wonderful organization and has been doing great work in Hamilton for many years. God continue to strengthen you and bless you with his unfailing love.
Harmene