Thursday, September 18, 2008

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED LOVE AND PRAYERS

Great day today - I'm feeling stronger, enjoying the beautiful weather - worked with training my new assistant for work this morning; actually probably walked about 6 blocks at the Juravinski Cancer Centre, climbed a set of stairs this afternoon. I think the doctor was pretty impressed that just one week ago I was having surgery! Miracles for sure!

Next Monday I will be getting my stitches out. I will also be having 5 days of 1/2 hr. radiation beginning possibly the end of next week. I'm thankful for all this available treatments. A week after radiation I will lose my hair, nothing that can't come back - not fun but after successful brain surgery - we'll be thankful!! Just imagine - I can experience having a grandson being born who might have more hair than me!!!

Everyone's support, cards, notes have been great for our family. Thank you all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn..thanks for calling tonight, talk about an uplifting conversation...it was so great to hear your voice!
Have a great weekend and good luck with the Rose City Kids.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn and John
Last night (Wednesday) Richard Beldman led the Wednesday evening motorcycle group (11 of us) in prayer just before we left for our ride, thanking God for the successful surgery and for your complete recovery. Thought you would like to know.
Blessings
Theo

Anonymous said...

Praise God ! Great news on a successful surgery
I think I can speak for everyone in the shop on that...and I pray you have a complete recovery

Tony

"God's Grace is enough. He has been enough, will be enough, is always enough. Rest in Him. Lay your head at his feet, as he watches over you."

Unknown said...

Jocelyn: As I read your blog each day I am just amazed. God's hand is at work here. When I read and here you share your passion for Rose City Kids it brings tears to my eyes. You remind us all of our purpose here on earth. Thankyou for that. Have a great day. Love from a friend forever, Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn - thank you so much for sharing your journey on this blog. It means a lot to be able to know how well you are doing and your faith and trust in God come shining through.

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn, keeping you in my prayers. So thankful that god has given you a good recovery. Lots of love.

Katie(from BC's honduras group)

Wilma said...

John and Jocelyn
We are priviledged to be a part of your journey. Thank you for sharing your testimony this morning. Through all of life, we trust in our God, his grace is suffecient, we claim all his promises and we have a joy that passes all human understanding! We pray that you with both continue to hold fast to the rock, Jesus Christ, who is our strength! Blessings....Karl and Wilma (yeah! Managed to figure this thing out!)